HAIR STYLES THAT MAKE YOU LOOK YOUNGER, FROM ALLURE
We all want to look our best and the hair on our heads is typically one of the easiest (and most affordable, compared to, say, plastic surgery) features to change for a fresh, new look. Allure recently gave their tips for hair updates that will actually make us look younger. Below are the styles you should avoid:
1. Wispy Bangs – Wispy or thin bangs will make you look older, Allure says. And if you have thinning hair, these can be the worst for your look.
Opt for: Sideswept bangs for a younger look, like Amy Poehler seen here.
2. Too many curls – Too many curls can actually make us look older, says Allure regarding the Shirley Temple look.
Opt for: A sleek, straight look like Nicole Kidman.
3. A dead-center part – A part going right down the middle of your scalp can sometimes age even the most youthful of celebrities.
Opt for: A deep, side part like Mena Suvari here
4. The bouffant – An overly-teased bouffant can make even Katherine Heigl look older.
Opt for: A side part with loose waves for an effortless updo.
5. Too dark hair – Making your hair hue too dark can age your face more than the sun. Well, not exactly … but it can bring out dark circles, etc – making even the youngest look aged.
Opt for: Hair color with depth, highlights and low lights is much more flattering for celebs like Jennifer Lawrence.